Dr Seemi Farhat Basir
Department of Biosciences,
Jamia Millia Islamia,
New Delhi - 110025
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (Primary)
- 1987: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
“Studies on Immobilised Pepsin."
Passed with distinction.
Passed with distinction, Held 2nd position in order of merit.
B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
1985 – till date: Department of Bio-Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
Professor: 2001 to date
- Teaching Biochemistry and Immunology to the postgraduate students since 1985. Teaching Biochemistry to the students of graduate degree program since1989.
- Guiding research in collaboration with All India Institute of Medical Sciences, G.B.Pant Hospital(Maulana Azad Medical College), V.P.Chest Institute (Delhi University), National Institute of Immunology, Institute of Genomics and Integrated Biology and Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology.
- Counsellor for Indira Gandhi National Open University, deliver practical training and counseling for science degree program in distance learning.
Guiding research since 1988. Following of my research students have been awarded Ph.D. degree.
- Showket Hussain: (2009) Cellular and Viral Gene Interaction and their Regulation during Development of Esophageal Cancer.
- Asia Taha: (2007) Role of Vanadium and Trigonella Foenum Graecum in the reversal of Antioxidant status in Experimental diabetes.
- Jata Shankar:(2006) Identification and Molecular Characterization of Functionally Important Genes of Aspergillus Fumigatus.
- Sanjay Singh Negi: (2006) Molecular Characterization of Mycobacterial isolates obtained from pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
- Azmi Naqvi : (2006) Immobilization of Biomolecules on Photolinker Activated Polymer Surface and Their Application.
- Md. Khalid Parvez Khalid : (2006) Gene expression and replication of hepatitis B Virus (HBV): In vitro model for antiviral drug therapy.
- Syed Mudasir Ahmad: (2006) Molecular and Biochemical Studies on Tinospora species in India.
- K. Moorthy: (2005) Long Term Effect of Estrogen and Progesterone on Metabolic Pathways in Aging Female Rats
- Varsha Thakur:(2001) Prevalence,Profile & Molecular pattern of Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) mutants in the close contacts of HBV related chronic liver disease patients.
- Hema Dawer: (1998) Exogenous and endogenous regulation of oviposition especially in Anopheles of India and their implication in vector control.
- P.V.Shyamsunder: (1998) Immunosuppression at the murine feto- maternal interphase.
- Abdul Jaleel: (1998) Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Antigen Quantitation by Immunoassay and its application in Tuberculosis.
- Rachna Kathayat: (1996) Effect of dietary protein manipulation in rats.
- Sadre Alam: (1992) Spectroscopic Studies on nephrotoxins and renal failure.
Scholarships & Awards
- Rashtriya Ekta Award 1999.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research fellowship 1982 to 1985.
- University Grants commission merit scholarship 1979 to 1981.
- "All Round Excellence" certificate by AMU in 1979.
Workshops & training programs
- International Conference on Agri Biotech 2006, Hyderabad, 9-11 March, 2006.
- International Symposium at National Brain Research Centre, Manesar Haryana. 15th-17th Dec 2003.
- Recent Trends in Biosciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, Feb 2002
- CME: Molecular Medicine, Lady Hardinge Medical College, N. Delhi, 10 Aug 2002.
- National workshop on IT For All, Jamia Millia Islamia, October2000.
- Workshop On Patent Awareness, Jamia Millia Islamia & DBT. Oct.2000.
- Indo-French Symposium on Immune Modulation; NII, New Delhi, 8th-13th Dec. 1995.
- Merieux Course on Molecular Understanding of Immune Diversity, Immune Regulation and Auto immunity. Madurai Kamaraj University, 14-28 November 1994.
- A DBT sponsored training program on "Recent Advances in Protein Chemistry Relevant to Biotechnology" in March 1991.
- International workshop on Enzyme Engineering held in Calcutta, Oct.-Nov. 1984.
Contribution to the corporate life of the university
- Chairman, Dept of Biosciences since April 2007.
- Coordinator of MSc Biochemistry, at the Dept of Biosciences. JMI, since 2006.
- Students’ advisor, Department of Biosciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, 1999 till 2004, and from 2005 till 2007.
- The first elected Vice-President Federation of Central University Teachers’ Association (FEDCUTA). 1999-2000.
- Secretary Jamia Teachers’ Association, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. 1999-2000.
- Provost of Girl students Hostels & working women Hostels of Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, 1996.
- Member executive committee Jamia Teachers’ Association, Jamia Millia Islamia. Delhi. 1992-1993.
- Secretary of Science Society of Aligarh Muslim University in 1978-79.
- Was instrumental in getting MSc (Biochemistry) course opened in Jamia Millia Islamia after due recognition from UGC.
- Designed M.Sc. Biochemistry curriculum for Jamia Hamdard. This included theory, laboratory exercises and suggested textbooks.
- Developed the course structure for Biochemistry and Immunology papers for M.Sc. Bio-sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Regularly broadcasting science popularisation programs on National Channel of Television (Doordarshan) and All India Radio (National channel & External Services Division)
- Anchorperson and interviewer for U.G.C. countrywide classroom TV program.
“Textbook Of Immunology” 2009. Prentice Hall of India.
- Transcription factor AP-1 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma:Alterations in activity and expression during Human Papillomavirus infection. Hussain S, Bharti AC, Salam I, Bhat MA, Mir MM, Hedau S, Siddiqui MA, Basir SF, Das BC. BMC cancer. 2009 Sep 16; 9(1): 329.
- Aberrant promoter methylation and reduced expression of p16 gene in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma from Kashmir valley: a high risk area. Salam I, Hussain S, Mir MM, Dar NA, Abdullah S, Siddiqi MA, Lone RA, Zargar SA, Sharma S, Hedau S, Basir SF, Bharti AC, Das BC. Mol Cell Biochemistry. 2009 Jun 10.
- Genetic Variant of CCMD1: Association with HPV-mediated cervical cancer in Indian Population. Thakur N, Hussain S, Kohaar I, Tabassum R, Nasare V, Tiwari P, Batra S, Bhambhani S, Das BC, Basir SF, Bharadwaj D, Bharadwaj M. Biomarkers; 2009 Jun 14(4): 219-25.
- Identification and characterization of a laminin-binding protein of Aspergillus fumigatus: extracellular thaumatin domain protein (AfCalAp). Upadhyay SK, Mahajan L, Ramjee S, Singh Y, Basir SF and Madan T. J Med Microbiol; 2009 Jun: 58 (6): 714-22.
- Hepatitis B virus genotypes and hepatitis B surface antigen mutations in family contacts of hepatitis B virus infected patients with occult hepatitis B virus infection. Kumar GT, Kazim SN, Kumar M, Hissar S, Chauhan R, Basir SF and Sarin SK. J. Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009, 24(4): 588-598.
- Proteomic and Transcriptomic analysis of Aspergillus fumigatus on exposure to amphotericin B. Gautam P, Shankar J, Madan T, Sirdeshmukh R, Sundaran CS, Gade WN, Basir SF and Sarma PU. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008 Dec; 52(12): 4220-4227.
- Specific 5’CpG Island Methylation Signatures of FHIT and p16 genes and their Potential Diagnostic Relevance in Indian Breast Cancer Patients. Naqvi RA, Hussain A, Raish M, Noor A, Shahid M, Sarin R, Kukreti H, Khan NJ, Ahmad S, VS Deo S, Husain Sa, Pasha ST, Basir SF, Shukla NK. DNA Cell Biology; 2008 Sep; 27 (9): 517-525.
- Hypermethylation analysis of mismatch repair genes (hmlh1 and hmsh2) in locally advanced breast cancers in Indian women. Naqvi RA, Hussain A, Deo SSV, Kukreti H, Chauhan M, Sarin R, Saxena A, Asim M, Shukla NK, Husain SA, Pasha ST and Basir SF. Human Pathology; 2008 May; 39 (5): 672-80.
- Global expression profile of Aspergillus fumigatus Conidia during interaction with Murine Macrophage. J Shankar, SK Upadhayay, S Gupta, SF Basir, PU Sarma, T Madan.. J Allergy Clin Immunol. Abstract no. 521, 2008 Feb: S 134.
- Rapid and sensitive Detection of Autoantibody in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients by heat-mediated ELISA. Sharma P, Gupta B, Farhat Basir S, Rani Das H and Nahar P. Clin. Biochem. 2008, Jan; 41 (1-2): 97-102.
- Diagnostic potential of IS6110, 38kDa, 65kDa and 85B sequence based polymerase chain reaction in the diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in clinical samples. Negi SS, Anand R, Pasha ST, Gupta S, Basir SF, Khare S and Lal S. Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2007 Jan, 25 (1): 43-9.
- Dectection of M tuberculosis in clinical samples of diversified nature by IS6110 based PCR. Negi SS, Anand R, Pasha ST, Basir SF, Gupta S, Khare S and Lal S. Journal Commun. Dis. 2006 Dec, 38 (4): 325-32.
- Protein antigen b (Pab) based PCR test in diagnosis of pulmonary and extra- pulmonary tuberculosis. Negi SS, Anand R, Basir SF, Pasha ST, Gupta S, Khare S and Lal S. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 2006 July; 124 (1):81-8.
- Molecular characterization of mutation associated with rifampicin and isoniazid resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates . Sanjay Singh Negi, Ranjana Anand, S T Pasha, Sunil Gupta, Seemi Farhat Basir, Shashi Khare and Shiv Lal. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 2006 July 44(7):547-53.
- Inhibition of hepatitis B virus DNA replicative intermediate forms by recombinant interferon-γ. Parvez MK, Sehgal D, Sarin SK, Basir SF and Jameel S. World Journal of Gasterentology, 2006 May 21; 12 (19): 3006-14.
- Comparitive study of PCR, smear examination and culture for diagnosis of cutaneous tuberculosis. Negi SS, Basir SF, Gupta S, Pasha ST, Khare S, Lal S. Journal of Communicable Diseases. 2005 Jun 37(2): 83-92.
- Ribosomal Genes in Plants---- Phylogenetic Importance. Vijeshver Verma, Syed Mudasir Ahmad, Masood Majaz Ganaie, Seemi Farhat Basir, Zafar Reshi and Ghulam Nabi Qazi in “Advances in Biotechnology” ed Prof. P C Trivedi Publisher Agrobios (India) 2005, pp 241-254.
- Effect of hormone replacement therapy in normalizing age related neuronal markers in different age groups of naturally menopausal rats. K. Moorthy, UC Yadav, MR Siddiqui, AK Mantha, SF Basir , D Sharma, SM Cowsik and NZ Baquer . Biogerentology, 2005 ; 6 (5): 345-356.
- Effect of sodium nitroprusside on H+- ATPase activity and ATP concentration in Candida albicans. M Mahfuzul Haque, Pooja, N Manzoor, L A Khan and S F Basir. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 2005, October 43 (10): 873- 879.
- Amelioration of altered antioxidant status and membrane linked functions by vanadium and Trigonella in alloxan diabetic rat brains. Mohammad Rizwan Siddiqui, Asia Taha, K. Moorthy, Mohd. Ejaz Hussain, S.F. Basir and Najma Zaheer Baquer. Journal of Biosciences 2005 Sep; 30 (4): 483-490.
- Identification and Characterization of Polyubiquitin Gene from cDNA Library of Aspergillus fumigatus. J Shankar, T Madan, SF Basir and PU Sarma. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 2005, 20 (1) 208-212.
- Administration of estradiol and progesterone modulate the activities of antioxidant enzyme and aminotransferases in naturally menopausal rats. K Moorthy, D Sharma, SF Basir and NZ Baquer. Experimental Gerentology 2005, April- 40-(4):295-302.
- Rapid DNA Isolation Protocol for Angiospermic Plants. Syed M. Ahmad, Masood M. Ganaie, Pervaiz H. Qazi, Vijeshver Verma, Seemi F.Basir and Ghulam N. Qazi. Bulg. J. Plant Physiology, 2004, 30 (1-2), 25-33.
- Estradiol and Progesterone treatments change the lipid profile in naturally menopausal rats from different age groups. K. Moorthy, Umesh CS Yadav, Anil K Mantha, Sudha M Cowsik, D Sharma, SF Basir and NZ Baquer . Biogerentology, 2004 ; 5 (6): 411-419.
- Effect of estradiol and progesterone treatment on carbohydrate metabolizing enzymes in tissues of ageing female rats. Moorthy K, Yadav UC, Siddiqui MR, Sharma D, Basir SF, Baquer NZ. Biogerentology: 2004; 5(4): 249-259.
- Sunlight-mediated activation of an inert polymer surface for covalent immobilization of a protein. Nahar P, Naqvi A, Basir SF. Anal Biochem. 2004 Apr 15; 327 (2): 162-4.
- Lower doses of vanadate in combination with trigonella resore altered carbohydrate metabolism and antioxidant status in alloxan-diabetic rats. Mohamad S., Taha,A., Bamezai RN, BasirSF, Baquer NZ. Clin Chim Acta. 2004 Apr; 342 (1-2): 105-14.
- Aspergillus fumigatus nucleoside diphosphate kinase (NDK) gene, complete cds. Shankar,J., Kamal,N., Madan,T., Basir S F., and Sarma, P.U. PubMed NCBI Accession version AY324230.1 GI:32492045 July 15-2003.
- Prevalence of Hepatitis B infection within family contacts of chronic liver disease patients-- does HBeAg positivity really matter? Thakur V, Guptan RC, Malhotra V, Basir SF, Sarin SK. J Assoc Physicians India. 2002 Nov; 50: 1389-94.
- Enhanced immunogenicity of recombinant hepatitis B vaccine in exposed family contacts of chronic liver disease patients. Thakur V., Guptan R.C., Parvez K. Basir SF, Sarin S.K. Scand J Inf Dis. 2001. 33;618-621.
- Effect of feeding protein deficient diet on phospholipid turnover and protein kinase C mediated protein phosphorylation in rat brain. Bansal SK, Kathayat R, Jaiswal AS, Taneja KK, Malhotra P, Basir SF. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology (2000), April 38(4):323-31.
- A placenta derived suppressor factor with a T-cell bias. Raj Raghupathy, SF Basir Khan, PV Syam Sunder, P Bansal & Azizieh. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology (1999) Vol 42, 205-218.
- Dietary Protein deficiency induced changes in protein kinase C activity and phospholipids metabolism in rat hepatocytes. R.Kathayat, A.S.Jaiswal, S.F.Basir and S.K.Bansal, Indian Journal of Experimental Biology (1997) Vol.35, 972-976.
- Effect of Volatiles from Neem and other Natural Products on Gonodotrophic Cycle and Oviposition of Anopheles stephensi and Anopheles Culicifacies (Diptera: Culicidae). R.Dhar, H.Dawar, S.Garg, S.F.Basir and G.P.Talwar. J. Med. Entomology. (U.S.) 33(2), 195-201 (1996).
- Effect of dietary protein manipulation on translocation of protein kinase C activity in various tissues of rats. S.K.Bansal, A.S.Jaiswal, R.Kathayat, S.F.Basir and U.K.Misra. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol.34, 197-200 (1996).
- Studies on Chemically aggregated Pepsin using Glutaraldehyde. S.S.Khan and A. Majid Siddiqui (1985) Biotechnology and Bioengineering, (U.S.) 27, 415-419.
- Transcription Factor AP-1 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: Alterations in activity and expression during human papillomavirus infection. Hussain S, Bharti AC, Salam I, Bhat MA, Hedau S, Basir SF, Das BC. 8th International conference on Lung and Esophageal Cancers. Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Center, New Delhi. 27th -29th March 2009.
- Analysis of Single Nucleotide Polymorphism G870A of Cyclin D1 Gene in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. BharadwajM, Hussain S, Thakur N, Salam I, Bhat MA, Mir MM, Siddiqui MA, Basir SF, Das BC. 8th International conference on Lung and Esophageal Cancers. Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Center, New Delhi. 27th -29th March 2009.
- Association of SNP at G870A of CCND1 with HPV Mediated Cervical Cancer in Indian Population. Thakur N, Hussain S, Kohaar I, Nasare V, Tiwari P, Bhambhani S, Basir SF, Das BC, Bharadwaj M. 28th annual convention of Indian Association for Cancer Research and International Symposium on Emerging Challenges and approaches in Cancer Biology. Feb 21-24, 2009, IISc Bangalore.
- Multiplex PCR for detection of Aspergllus fumigatus, Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus niger. Preetida J.1, 3, Jata Shankar2, Yogendra Singh2, Taruna Madan 2, Anupam Varma1, Seemi Farhat Basir3, P. Usha Sarma1 American Academy of Allergy Asthama and Immunology Annual Meeting. March 13 -17, 2009, Washington, DC
- The Role of Activator Protein (AP-1) in the Pathogenesis of Esophageal Cancer. Hussain S, Salam I, Hedau S, Bhat MA, Mir MM, Siddiqui MA, Basir SF, Bharti AC, Bas BC. 28th annual convention of Indian Association for Cancer Research and International Symposium on Frontiers in Functional Genomics. Feb 6-9, 2008, Bangalore.
- Analysis of Promoter Methylation of E-Cadherin Gene in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Hussain S, Salam I, Hedau S, Gaur K, Bhat MA, Mir MM, Siddiqui MA, Basir SF, Bharti AC, Bas BC.HUGO08, Sep 26-29, 2008, Hyderabad.
- Characterisation of extracellular thaumatin domain protein a potential adhesion of Aspergillus fumigatus. Santosh Kumar Upadhyay, Seemi Farhat Basir, P Usha Sarma , Taruna Madan Gupta. 13th International Congress of Immunology, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. August 21-25, 2007.
- The Role of c-Fos and Fos Related Antigen-1 (Fra-1) in the Pathogenesis of Esophageal Carcinoma. Showket Hussain, Shirish Shukla, Rakesh Kumar, Umesh Kumar, Irfana Salam, Shakeel-ul-Rehman, Seemi Farhat Basir, Alok C. Bharti, Mohd. Akbar Bhat, Mushtaq A. Siddiqi , Bhudev C. Das . International Symposium on Genomic Instability and Cancer. July 22-26, 2007, at SKICC, Srinagar Kashmir (J&K), India.
- Identification of differentially expressed genes of Aspergillus fumigatus during conidia- macrophage interaction. Jata Shankar, Taruna Madan, Seemi Farhat Basir, P Usha Sarma. 2nd Advances Against Aspergillosis, Athens, Greece; February 22nd-25th, 2006.
- Genome wide expression profiling of Aspergillus fumigatus against Amphotericin B using DNA Microarray Technology. Jata Shankar, Taruna Madan, Seemi Farhat Basir, P Usha Sarma. 13th Annual International Conference on Intelligence Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB), Michigan, USA, June 25th- 29th , 2005.
- Cloning and Characterization of Ribosomal RNA Genes from Tinospora species in India. S M Ahmad, Q P Hassan, I S Fazli, V Verma, S F Basir and G N Qazi. International Conference on “Plant Genomics and Biotechnology: Challenges and Opportunities” held at Raipur, India, October 26-28, 2005.
- Genetic relationship among Indian Tinospora species by PCR-RELP analysis of the rDNA internal transcribed spacer (ITS). S M Ahmad, P H Qazi, V Verma, S F Basir and G N Qazi. Presented at 1st J and K State Science Congress, Feb, 7-9, 2005.
- Identification and Assignment of Function to the Genes of Aspergillus fumigatus Expressed at 37oC. Jata Shankar, Taruna Madan, Seemi Farhat Basir, P Usha Sarma. 7th Annual Conference on Computational Genomics, held at Hyatt Regency Reston, Reston, Virginia, US; Oct 21-24, 2004.
- Effect of Recombinant Interferon-γ on Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) DNA Replication . Md Khalid Parvez, Derepak Sehgal, Seemi F Basir. Shiv K Sarin and Shahid Jameel. Presented at the Sixth Sir Dorbaji Tata Symposium .
- A Novel Antigen of Aspergillus fumigatus, showing homology with Thiamin Biosynthesis Protein. Jata Shankar, Santosh Kumar Upadhyay, Taruna Madan, Seemi Farhat Basir, P Usha Sarma. Presented at 2nd National Conference of Biotechnology Society of India held at IGIB, New Delhi. 13th –15th October, 2004.
- Horizontal transmission of G145 R mutant of HBV. Thakur V, Kazim SN, Guptan RC, Basir SF, Sarin SK. Presented in the mid term INASL (Indian society for the study of liver) conference held in Goa, India. March 2001
- Inflammation—The inside story. Seemi Farhat Basir. Presented at the 4th International conference on Recent Trends in Life Sciences at Trivandrum 7th-9th February 2000.
- Conclusive evidence of intrafamilial mode of HBV transmission using sequence analysis of S gene in contacts of chronic liver disease patients. V.Thakur, S.N.Kazim, R.C.Guptan, S.F.Basir and S.K.Sarin. Presented at The Congress on Viral Hepatitis in Dec. 1999 at Singapore.
- Partial characterization of a mouse placental immunosuppressant. P.V.Shyamsunder, S.Karamakaran, S.Farhat and Raj Ragupathy. Presented at the Indian Immunology Congress in Dec. 1993 at Bhopal.
- Immunosuppressive capabilities of Mouse Placental Supernatants. P.V. Shyamasunder, S.F.B. Khan and Raj Ragupathy. Presented at the 19th Annual Conference of Indian Immunology Society, 1993. Abstract No. P-VIII-9.
- Study of vander Waal's interactions in Bacterial, Viral, Genetic and Renal Disorders. M.S. Alam, K. Chaudhary, M.M. Bajaj and S. Farhat. Bull. American Physical Society, 22-24 April 1992.
- A study of the role of nephrotoxins in female patients having chronic renal failure using UV absorption technique. M.S. Alam, M.M. Bajaj and Seemi Farhat. Bull. American Physical Society. 1992, 16-20 March. Indianapolis. Paper no.87.
- Laser Raman studies on chronic renal failure and search for possible nephrotoxins. M.S. Alam, R. Malhotra, M.M. Bajaj, S. Farhat and S.N.A. Rizvi. National Seminar on Raman Spectroscopy and Entropy Applications (1991).
- Trace elemental studies of zinc, copper and iron in chronic renal failure using atomic absorption spectroscopy. M.S.Alam M.M. Bajaj, S. Farhat Basir, H.S. Yadav and S.N.A. Rizvi. International Symposium on Current Trends in Chemical Research (Royal Society of Chemistry, London) (1991), Paper No. 41.
- Preparation of F (ab) 2 with immobilized pepsin. Seemi Farhat, National Symposium on Frontiers in Modern Biology, New Delhi (1990) Abstract No. 539, page 51.
- Immobilization of Pepsin on cotton. 54th National Meeting of Biochemists 1985.
- Kinetic properties and stability and characteristics of pepsin coupled to Sephadex -200. 53rd National Meeting of Biochemists 1984. Abstract No. 344. Page 103.
- Immobilization of pepsin by intermolecular cross-linking. 52nd National Meeting of Biochemists (1983) Abstract No. 371 page 118.
Research projects Completed
Developing photobioreactors by Stabilizing photosynthetic cell systems. Minor project Funded by UGC.
- Member: UGC Expert Committee for assessment of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, for the X plan and evaluate its requirements for XI plan. (May 2008)
- Member of Academic Council of Central University, Kashmir.
- Member of Board of Studies of the Department of Biochemistry, University of Kashmir, Srinagar, Kashmir.
- Member of Board of Studies of the Department of Biotechnology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
- Member, University Court, Jamia Millia Islamia, w.e.f. 17.2.2009.
- Member of Academic Council of Jamia Millia Islamia, w.e.f. 8.4.2007