Dr Amir Azam
Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Department of Chemistry,
Jamia Millia Islamia,
New Delhi - 110025
We focus to utilize different strategies to synthesize novel compounds targeting amoebasis. Each drug has a considerable toxicity profile. Metronidazole is reported to be carcinogenic. The strain has also developed resistance towards available drugs to some extent. Our research mainly directed to develop a novel drug for the disease with less toxicity.
- Design, synthesis and evaluation of novel heterocyclic compounds against Amoebasis.
- Metal complexes of Novel structures
- Extraction, Isolation and characterization of compounds from folklore medicinal plants.
- Ph.D. awarded : 14
- Ph.D Thesis Submitted : 2
- Ph.D Students Supervising : 5
- Research Associates : 3
- Young Scientist : 1
On Going Research Project
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, (CSIR) Rs. 12. 11 Lacs (Nov.1, 2008- Oct.30, 2011)