Dr Akil Ahmad
Department of Civil Engineering,
Jamia Millia Islamia,
New Delhi - 110025
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (Primary)
Courses Taught a t Jamia Millia Islamia:
- Advanced Structural Design
- Design of Steel Structures
- Bridge Engineering
- Elements of Civil Engineering
- Building Construction and Masonry Design
- Engineering Mathematics
- Elements of Civil engineering Laboratory
- Structural Engineering Laboratory
- Courses Taught a t BITS Pilani:
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Earthquake Engineering (at P.G. Level)
- Mechanics of Solids
- Structural Engineering Laboratory
PROJECTS SUPERVISED AT U.G. LEVEL
- · Design of a RCC T-Beam Bridge
- · Structural Design of a Multi-Stotereyed Building
- · Design of a Underpass in Highway
- · Design of Culverts, Flyovers and Bridges
- · Retrofitting of R.C.C. Buildings
- · Structural Design of R.C.C. and Steel Buildings
ADDITIONAL ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS
- · Submission of Ph. D. thesis within 2 years and 6 months
- · 2nd position in M. Tech.
- · Ranked 99th in the state of West Bengal in Secondary Examination
- · Institute Scholarship in Ph.D.
- · GATE Scholarship in M.Tech.
- · National Scholarship since +2 level till Bachelor of Engineering
- · 1 year (Aug’ 1998 to Aug’ 1999) as a Soils Engineer with C. E. Testing Pvt. Ltd.,Kolkata
- · Key Tasks Handled: Preparation of geotechnical investigation report with recommendation of type of foundation, soil improvement technique (if required) with capacity, organise boring, surveying, levelling and other operations related to geotechnical investigations, calculate the results of field & laboratory tests.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
International Journal (10):
- An efficient coupled zigzag theory for dynamic analysis of piezoelectric composite and sandwich beams with damping. S. Kapuria, A. Ahmed, P. C. Dumir. 279, 345 – 371,2005, Journal of Sound and Vibration.
- Coupled consistent third order theory for hybrid piezoelectric composite and sandwich beams. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed. 24, 173 – 194, 2005, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites.
- Exact 2D piezoelasticity solution of hybrid beam with damping under harmonic eletromechanical load. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed. 84, 391-402, 2004, ZAMM. Efficient coupled zigzag theory for hybrid piezoelectric beams for thermoelectric load. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed. 42, 383 – 394, 2004, AIAA Journal.
- Coupled consistent third order theory for hybrid piezoelectric beams under thermal load. S. Kapuria, A. Ahmed, P. C. Dumir. 27, 405 – 424, 2004, Journal of Thermal Stresses.
- Finite element model of efficient zigzag theory for static analysis of hybrid piezoelectric beams. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed, N. Alam. 34, 475 – 483, 2004, Computational Mechanics.
- Static and dynamic thermo-electro-mechanical analysis of angle-ply hybrid piezoelectric beams using an efficient coupled zigzag theory. S. Kapuria, A. Ahmed, P. C. Dumir. 64, 2463 – 2475, 2004, Composite Science and Technology.
- An efficient coupled layerwise theory for dynamic analysis of piezoelectric composite beams. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed. 261, 927-944, 2003, Journal of Sound and Vibration.
- An efficient coupled layerwise theory for static analysis of piezoelectric sandwich beams. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed. 73, 147-159, 2003, Archive of Applied Mechanics.
- An efficient higher order zigzag theory for composite and sandwich beams for thermal load. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed. 40, 6613-6631, 2003, International Journal of
- Solids and Structures.
International Conferences (05):
- Response and shape control of hybrid beams under patch loads. G. P. Dube, S. Kapuria A. Ahmed. Proceedings of International Conference on Sonar – Sensors & Systems, Cochin, India, December 2002.
- Assessment of a layerwise theory of hybrid beams for patch loads. S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir, A. Ahmed. Proceedings of Second M.I.T. Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, MIT, Cambridge, USA, June 17-20, 2003.
- 3. Free vibration analysis of point supported ferrocement plate using finite element. A. Ahmed, M. Arif, S. Akhtar, M. Ahmed. Proceedings of International Conference on Vibation Problems (ICOVP 2007), Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India January 30-February 3, 2007.
- A numerical study for point supported ferrocement plates on free vibration response. A. Ahmed, M. Arif, K. Moin. Proceedings of International Conference on Theoretical,Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics. IIT Kharagpur, India, December 27 - 29, 2007.
- Static and dynamic analysis of functionally graded structures: A Review. S. Chhabra, A.Ahmed, M. N. Desmukh. Proceedings of International Conference on Advances inConcrete, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering (ACSGE-2009). BITS, Pilani,India, October 25-27, 2009.
National Conference (01):
1. Exact 2D benchmark solution and assessment of 1D theories of hybrid beams underarbitrary harmonic loads. A. Ahmed, S. Kapuria, P. C. Dumir. Proceedings of NationalConference on Machines and Mechanism (NaCoMM-2003), IIT Delhi, Dec 12-13,2003
1. Attended 84th 4-week orientation programme in Academic Staff College, Jamia Millia Islamia
2. Participated as one of the Instructor in a six week training program on EarthquakeEngineering for Engineers, Faculties of State Institutes sponsored by Ministry ofhome affairs, India in BITS, Pilani, 2004
3. Completed Intensive Teaching Workshop in a semester (weekly) for learning the nuances in the techniques of teaching and improving the teaching skills at BITS-Pilani, 2004-05.
4. Designed the syllabus and run Bridge Engineering as a new elective subject for the final year B. Tech. students in the Department of Civil Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia
5. Conduct Sessional Examination in the Department of Civil Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia
6. Doctoral Thesis: Coupled zigzag and third order models for thermoelectromechanical analysis of hybrid piezoelectric beams
7. Masters’ Dissertation: Free vibration analysis of point supported ferrocement plate