Prof Rocket Ibrahim
Department of Geography,
F/O Natural Sciences,
Jamia Millia Islamia,
New Delhi - 110025
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (Primary)
Highlights of Important Contributions:
(i) Courses Taught
- Network Analysis (Transport Geography )
- M.A. Level
- Economic Geography
- Socio- Economic Survey
- Quantitative Methods in Geography
- Urban Geography
(ii) RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- Engaged in research work on different problems related to Transportation, Regional Development, Marketing and Organisation . The total research experience is of 36 years. Awarded ICSSR Fellowship and Sr. Fellowship to complete M.Phil. /Ph.D. program of research at J.N.U.
(iii) Research Projects (Minor)
- 1999: Completed minor research project, “Vertical Mobility of Students in Educational Sector – A Comparative Study of Meo, Ahir and Jat Communities of Haryana State
- 2001- 2002: Regional Analysis of Tuberculosis in Mewat Region.( minor research project )
Ph.D. Thesis Guidance
Total number of doctoral thesis awarded: 7
SUPERVISION OF STUDENTS RESEARCH/PROJECTS
[A] Supervision of Ph.D. students ( Degree Awarded )
- Pradeep Kumar Mamgain, “A Geographical Study of Metropolitan Weekly Markets in Delhi” [Degree Awarded in 1995]
- G. L. Jambhulkar, “The Vertical Mobility of Students in Educational Sector – A Cohort Analysis of Bhandara District of Maharashtra [Degree Awarded in 1997]
- Manjachin Hangzo, “Spatial Pattern of HIV Prevalence in Manipur and its Impact on the Society and Economy of Manipur” [Degree Awarded in 1999]
- Tanveer Ahmad, “Environmental Deterioration in Kashmir Valley with Special Reference to Lidder Valley” [ Degree Awarded in 2001]
- Ms Asha Yadav “ Role of Mandis in the Agriculture Development –A case study of Ahirwati region” [Degree Awarded in 2004]
- Shafeeq Mohd. The distribution of Mandies and Development of Agriculture in Alwar District
Amna Hasan Periodic Markets and Regional Development a case study of Lucknow Metropolis
[B] Ph.D. Students to complete their Ph.D. thesis very shortly
Ten students are actively involved in their research on the problems related to Transportation, Market Centers, Regional Development and Urbanization.. They are expected to submit their Ph.D. thesis shortly.
[C] Supervision of project work at M.A. level
The students of M.A. final are writing their projects on Transportation, Urban Problems and Regional Disparities under the supervision. The students of M.A. previous are taken in the field to conduct Socio-Economic Survey of the village(s) and each student is being supervised in the project work.
- Rocket Ibrahim, Market Centers and Regional Development, B.R. Publishing company, 1984, Delhi
- Rocket Ibrahim, Socio- Economic Profile of Mewat, Radha Publications, 1998, Delhi.
- Rocket Ibrahim, Mewat (Education,Health and Economy), Sunrise Publishing House, 2002
- Rocket Ibrahim, Geography of Transportation and Urban Attributes, Sunrise Publishing House, 2002
- Rocket Ibrahim (ed.), Agricultural Development in India – Issues and Challenges, SS publications, New Delhi 110017
- Ali Mohammad, Abdul Munir, Shamsul haque and Rocket Ibrahim.(ed.) Environment, Agriculture and Poverty, Concept Publishing House, New Delhi-110059, Vol(1), Vol(2) and Vol(3)
- Rocket Ibrahim, “Transport Network Evolution and Economic Development in North - western States of India (1865-1941) in Transport Geography edited by Majid Husain, 1994.
- Rocket Ibrahim, “Highway Transportation and Threat of AIDS/HIV Epidemic in Rural India ( A case study of Punahana C.D.Block in Gurgaon District ), The Geographer, Vol. 47,no.1, January 2000.
- Rocket Ibrahim, “Regional Structure of Pataudi Mandi of Gurgaon District(Haryana), in the edited book “Agricultural Development in India – Issues and Challenges”, 2002, New Delhi.
- Rocket Ibrahim, “Indian Agriculture – Issues and Challenges”, in the edited book “Agricultural Development in India – Issues and Challenges” S.S. publications, 2002, New Delhi.
- Rocket Ibrahim, “Environmental Impact of Stone Crashers and Quarrying Activities – A Case Study of Mewat Region (Haryana)”, Deccan Geographer, Vol. 40 No. 2, July, 2002.
- Rocket Ibrahim, “ Land Degradation and Food Security in Indo-Gangetic Plan of India-A Basic Issue”, Published in Environment, Agriculture and Poverty (edited), Ali Mohammad and Others, 2006, Concept Publishing House-110059
- Rocket Ibrahim, "Regional Structure of Faridabad Mandi Centre published in the Edit Book Entitled "Regional Dimensions by T.P. Singh Concept Publications 2005, Delhi.
SEMINARS CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Attended several International, National and Regional Conferences, Seminars and workshops. Papers/abstracts included in the proceedings of the Seminars/Conferences.
EXTENSION AND FIELD OUTREACH ACTIVITIES
- Organizing field visits by selecting villages from different parts of the country. The students are staying in the village from five to ten days and trying to understand their socio-economic problems by conducting a household survey of the village. Students’ interaction with the villagers is most useful in understanding the real problems of rural India
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES/LEARNED BODIES
- Life Member of The Deccan Geographical Society
- Life Member of The Annals of the Association of Rajasthan Geographers
CONTRIBUTION TO THE ACADEMIC AND CORPORATE LIFE OF THE UNIVERSITY
A. National Services Scheme (NSS)
- Actively involved in organizing camps in the university campus to mobilized the students for “National Integration” and “Communal Harmony”.
- Represented Jamia Millia Islamia in the “Ganga Sewa Sivir”, organized by NSS, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
B. Teachers Associations
- Secretary, Jamia Teachers’ Association (1996-98).
- General Secretary, Federation of Central Universities Teachers Associations(FEDCUTA)(1997-98)
Actively involved in the University Administration for three decades. Helped the university administration by serving as
- Sr. Warden
- NSS Program officer
- Asst. Proctor
- Dy. Proctor
- Convener, Flying Squad Examinations
- Estate Incharge
- Property Incharge
- Liaison Officer of Legal Cell and Property Department
- Fire Fighting Officer
- Security Officer
- Proctor (second term)
- Public Information Officer
- Presently holding the Post of Hony. Vigilance Officer
- Presently holding the post of OSD (Estate)/State Officer