Operational Days and Timings: Our Day Care Centre is open from Monday through Friday all the year round excluding holidays. Timings are 9:00 am till 5:00pm.
Emergency Closing and Inclement Weather Information: We intend to be open and provide child care every weekday of the year, excluding holidays. However, situations out of our control such as inclement weather, natural/national disasters, or major building issues may disrupt service from time to time. It is suggested that the parents call the school to ensure whether it is open during periods of inclement weather or other unusual situations.
Appropriate Dress for School: The dress of the child has to be casual and simple. Parents are requested to take into consideration the prevailing weather conditions as well as the unexpected changes in the weather that might necessitate a change in apparel.
Personal Items to be brought to School/Centre: Parents need to send the following things along with their child with his/her name on it.
- Items: One blanket, one Apron, one Bed sheet and at least one complete set of change of clothes.
- For infants: 3 (sterilized) bottles, milk powder and 3 diapers to be sent daily along-with the child. If additional diapers are needed, the centre will provide the same but the cost will be borne by the parents.
- Lost and Found: If any of the child’s belongings are missing, the parents must enquire at the school reception as soon as possible. It will be much easier to locate and return a lost item if it is labeled with the child’s full name, so remember to label everything you send to school with your child.
Nutrition: For children above 2 years of age, the Day Care Centre provides Mother Dairy Toned Milk once every day along with the day’s menu which includes foods that meet the daily nutritional needs of the child. There are times when we may substitute one food for another, while maintaining the nutritional contents of the overall menu. Meals are served thrice in a day.
Activities: Children are exposed to various activities such as sand play, water play, art and craft etc. There is ‘free play’ as well as ‘guided play’ to help in the development of various skills.
- Outdoor Play: Outdoor play is an essential part of the child’s day. Outdoor activities such as running, hopping, climbing the single gym, sliding, throwing, etc. help the children in their physical development.
- Water Play: The children will have prior permission from their parent to play in the water tubs and use water toys in summers.
Naps and Quiet Times: Nap times are important for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and some kindergarten children as well. Infants sleep “on-demand”, according to their own schedule. For other age groups, our daily schedule incorporates a balance of active and quiet play, including a rest period.
Holidays and Birthdays: Celebrating National Days and birthdays is a meaningful and fun experience for children, family and teachers. National holidays are a reflection of the cultural and ethnic diversity of our nation. It is a good opportunity for children to learn about each other’s culture and faith and also develop love and respect for every individual.
Picnic: Field trips are a part of our curriculum. We will inform the parents of the planned field trip in advance through a circular.