Activities during -2011-12
- 28-29 February 2012: International Conference on The Russian Factor in Central Asian Culture.
- 15-16 March 2012: International Seminar onPakistan and the Muslim World.
- 9 Sept 2011: one day Symposium on India’s Options in Afghanistan.
- 18-20 Oct 2011: 2-day National Seminar for Research Scholars on Understanding Pakistan.
- 7 February 2012: National Seminar on Securing Group Rights: Human Rights Experience from Asia and Africa
- 22-23 March 2012: 2-Day Workshop on Forced Migration, Statelessness and Issues of Citizenship in South Asia, in collaboration with the MCRG, Kolkata.
- 28 Sept 2011, National Symposium On 'Energy Security: India, Central Asia and The Neighbourhood.
- 8 April 2011: Sixth Faculty Lecture Series: Issues of Refugee and Migration, speakers:Mr. Roberto Mignone, Deputy Representative of the UNHCR in India
- 21 April 2011: First Annual Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan Memorial Lecture on A Vision for Pakistan in the Twenty-first Century, speakers:Asfandyar Wali Khan, President, Awami National Party & Member of National Assembly, Pakistan Grandson of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
- 5 May 2011: Discussion on The Killing of Osama bin Laden.
- 17 August 2011: Talk on Current Developments in Afghanistan, speakers: Raghav Sharma, Doctoral Candidate, University of Erfurt, Federal Republic of Germany
- 23 August 2011: Panel Discussion on Pakistan’s Search for Stability and Security, speakers: Prof. Ravi Kalia, Dept of History, City College of New York, USA, Prof. Savita Pande, School of International Studies, JNU, New Delhi, Dr. Tahmina Rashid, Associate Professor, International Studies, University of Canberra, Australia
- 29 September 2011: Seventh AIS Faculty Lecture Series: Prime Minister Dr Monmohan Singh’s visit to Dhaka on 6-7 September 2011, by Prof. Veena Sikri, Bangladesh Studies Programme, AIS.
- 13 October 2011: Eighth AIS Faculty Lecture Series: Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai’s visit to India (4-5 September 2011), byDr. Alok Bansal, Pakistan Studies Programme, AIS
- 31 October 2011: Talk on Africa in an Era of Emerging Powers by Prof. Francis Kornegay, Senior Research Associate, Institute for Global Dialogue (IGD), Pretoria, South Africa
- 15 November 2011: Ninth Faculty Lecture Series: Assessing Myanmar President U Thein Sein’s Visit to India (October 2011), speakers: Dr Khriezo Yhome, Research Fellow, ORF (Observer Research Foundation); Prof. Sanjoy Hazarika, Centre for Northeast Studies, JMI; Prof. Veena Sikri, Bangladesh Studies Programme, AIS.
- 24 Nov 2011: Distinguished Lecture Series: Pakistan’s Politics, Society and Economic Challenges by Salim Raza, Former Governor, State Bank of Pakistan
- 29 November 2011: Colloquium on Contemporary Poland, EU and Indo-Polish Relations, speakers: Dr. Katarzyna Jarecka-Stępień, Institute of Middle East and Far East Studies, Jagelonian University, Krakow, Poland, Dr. Qaisar Alam, Department of Political Science, Kalindi College, University of Delhi, Dr. Justyna Zając, University of Warsaw, Poland
- 13th January 2012: Talk on Democracy, Dissent and Movements for Change, in collaboration with Asia Society India Centre/Media Centre, Ms Aruna Roy
- 16th January 2012: Lecture on Central Asian Nomad Dynasties and Islam, Prof Beatrice Manz, Department of History, TUFTS University, USA
- 18th January 2012: Lecture on Sufism and Popular Religion in late Medieval Central Asia and Iran by Prof Beatrice Manz, Department of History, TUFTS University, USA
- 25 January 2012: Distinguished Speaker Series: Pakistan's National Identity: Evolution and New Challenges, by Javed Jabbar, Former Senator and Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Pakistan
- 21 February 2012: Talk on India and Kazakhstan: Twenty Years of Diplomatic Relations. HE Amd Doulat Kuanyshev, Ambassador of Kazakhsatn in India
- 19 March 2012: Talk on The Evolving Security Environment in the Afpak Region and its Implications for India.Lt. Gen. Arvinder Lamba, former VCOAS, Indian Army
- 29 March 2012: Distinguished Speaker Series: Democracy Development and Peace. Speaker
- Prof. Akmal Hussain, Distinguished Professor of Economics, Forman Christian College University, Lahore
- 16 Sept 2011: Interaction with Students and Faculty of Kinnard College, Lahore, Pakistan.
- 25 Nov 2011: Interactive Session with Salim Raza, Former Governor, State Bank of Pakistan
- 1 December 2011: Launch of the Project on The South Asia Initiative on Regional Cooperation and Connectivity.
- 24 January 2012: Interactive Session with Javed Jabbar, Former Senator and Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Pakistan
- 5 March 2012: Seminar Interaction on India, Bangladesh and South Asia with the participation of Master’s Students from International Relations Department, University of Dhaka and Dept of Political Science, JMI.
- 30 March 2012: Interactive Session with Prof. Akmal Hussain, Distinguished Professor of Economics, Forman Christian College University, Lahore
Click here to View ATWS ACTIVIES SINCE 2001