Aim Objectives and Functions
Aims, Objectives and Functions of the Centre: Generally the agenda of the Centre will be to:
1. Influence Early Childhood Development (ECD) policy through research and advocacy for promoting holistic development of young children;
2. Contribute to the professional and institutional development for quality improvement of ECD services in India through increasing the quality of scientific investigation, analysis and practice; and
3. Operate the Centre such that it is open to persons of either sex and of whatever race, creed, caste, class, or religion. Detailed activities of the Centre have been outlined in the annex A to the MoU signed between the Jamia Millia Islamia and Save the Children, India.
4. For the first three years from the date the Centre commences operations, the work of the Centre (including research work) shall be divided focused on Tsunami affected areas. After the completion of this three year period, the Centre’s work may be directed towards any areas / regions of India that the Board of Management may consider appropriate.
5. The Centre from the date of its commencement will concentrate on the development and implementation of programmes / courses in connection with the development and promotion of ECD.