The Department of History and Culture, Jamia Millia Islamia was first granted Department Research Support under the Special Assistance Programme of the University Grants Commission in April 2002. In the first Phase of the DRS-SAP programme of the thrust area was Historical Demography and Social Change in India. Towards the end of the first phase, with the recruitment of new faculty members in the Department it was felt that the thrust area should be widened to include the research interests of a larger number of faculty. Consequently, in the current phase of the research area has been defined as, “Social and Economic Change in Historical Perspective: The past and post colonial predicament in India”.
Core Objectives of DRS-SAP (Phase II)
1. State formations in historical perspective
2. Social and religious formations: regional diversification social stratification
3. Social and cultural processes.
4. Identity politics in modern India
5. History of ideas
6. Paradigms and processes I: Economic change
7. Paradigms and processes II: social and political change
8. Paradigm and processes III: Environmental, technological and demographic change
9. Cultural transformations in modern India: institutionalizing cultural practices
10. Digital Humanities
Dept of History
Jamia Millia Islamia
General Information: email@example.com