The NMCPCR tries to arrange for Internships for students as part of the Post Graduate Diploma in Conflict Analysis and Peace-Building. In 2005-2006, we arranged Winter Internships for our students in the National Human Rights Commission, in Gujarat for the Aman Biradari and the Delhi Policy Group. In 2006-2007, some of the students did Winter Internships with the Right to Information Commission while others went to different parts of India to study conflicts in areas like Singur, Bihar, Jharkhand and Nepal. In December 2008, the final year students of the M.A. programme visited the South Eastern University in Sri Lanka and various NGOs as part of their fieldwork.
In 2008, our students interned at the following institutions and organisations:
- Alankrita Sinha: Interned with Amnesty International
- Birbal Singh: Interned at Control Arms Foundation
- Deepa Mariam Varghese: Interned at the Centre for Rural Management, Kerala.
- Erum Ahmed: Interned at the Central Information Commission, New Delhi.
- Farha Iman: Interned at India Alliance for Child’s Rights and Global Network of Religions for Children
- Javed Noorani: Interned with The News International, a leading Pakistani daily, and with the Delhi Policy Group, New Delhi.
- Kanica Rakhra: Interned at the Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi.
- Kaveri Bedi: Interned at the Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi.
- Madhumita Das: Interned at Global India Foundation, Kolkata.
- M A M Sajeer: Volunteered with the Corrymeela Community, Northern Ireland.
- Mansi: Interned with the NGO, Pratham.
- N H Adou: Interned at the Central Information Commission, New Delhi.
- Priyanka Alwar: Interned at Central Information Commission, New Delhi.
The NMCPCR also hosts interns. In 2006, the following have done their Internships with us:
Archita Jha, B.A. in International Studies and Religious Studies from Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio, USA (graduating May 2007) and Purvi Paliwal, B.A. in International Relations, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA (graduating May 2008) did a month long internship at the NMCPCR from July 2006 to Aug. 2006.